Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas week

My wife and I are spending the week at my son's home up in NE Louisiana--Log Cabin. Louisiana. He lives far from the big city (or any city) in a wooded area of 18 acres, I walked my Granddog, Joe, through the wooded area where my son's house is located, and through the adjoining woods. Brisk, about 50 degrees, nothing but the sound of leaves as I walked. No sirens, no horns, etc. Saw one deer. Joe bolted after him but the deer was too quick, I guess, as Joe retuned a few minutes later, returning to his sniffing and tree-search.
We'll have seven at the dinner(noon) table Christmas morning.
It will be cold enough for the fireplace tonight so on to gather some "free" firewood.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a most wonderful place to be. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas together!
    Ann Best, Long Journey Home

    ReplyDelete